What is PALS?
PALS is the Patient Advice and Liaison Service.
Many problems, upsets or concerns can be dealt with locally and quickly by identifying the problem and trying to resolve it.
They can help patients, their families and carers and NHS staff when:
- You have concerns, questions or suggestions about your local NHS services including pharmacies, opticians and dentists.
- You need advice, support and/or information.
- You need someone to listen.
The PALS service aims to:
- Provide confidential advice.
- Keep you informed of progress.
- Only with your permission, take your concern to the appropriate staff.
- Treat everyone involved with respect and sensitivity.
- Make a personal visit if required.
- If necessary advise you on the formal complaints process.
Contact the PALS team:
Open 9am to 5pm – Monday to Friday
Phone: 0845 1110080
Or visit their website for more information at: www.devonpct.nhs.uk