- HIV is increasing in every region of the world.
- There are over 33 million people living with HIV and AIDS Worldwide, of these there are over 2 million children under 15 years old.
- Since AIDS was first identified over 20 years ago, more than 25 million people have died.
- There are more than 14 million children in Africa who have lost one or both parents to AIDS.
- Worldwide half of those infected with HIV are women.
All figures from the Health Protection Agency report: HIV in the United Kingdom: 2009 Report; UNAIDS and AVERT